Thursday, July 13, 2006

A Sense of Accomplishment

How many of you are list people? You know what I am talking about; the need to write a list of to do's so you can check them off and feel a sense of accomplishment.

I am a big list writer and I have found that school work has always been on my list. I have one large research paper I am procrastinating on, so what do I do....I add more little things to my list so I can check them off and say to myself how I had to get all of these little things done so I can concentrate on my one big thing. For instance, yesterday I added everyone's blogs to my link list. Then I posted to everyone's blogs. Since that left me with some spare time, instead of starting on my paper, I did my research analysis paper (which isn't due for 2 more weeks) because it was easier to do than start that blasted research paper.

When I used to teach private ice skating lessons, I used a calendar and lists to keep myself organized. I bought an electronic calendar (prior to PDA's coming out) and decided that the ol' paper and pencil method worked much better for me.

In our discussion boards and on some other blogs, we have all stated that organization is a key to successful online learning. How many of you are list organizers? If you aren't, what do you do to keep yourself on track?

4 Comments:

At 10:00 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I make many lists and have little notebooks specifically for various list purposes. Lists of things to do, lists of books I want to read, lists of songs to download, lists of running schedules, etc.

But I guess what I should add is a list of reasons why I should not sit on the computer in the den in only my underwear when the men outside are mowing. I just got a very interested look from a guy with a weed wacker.

 
At 10:23 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

Organization? What means this strange word?

I keep myself on track...um. Actually, I have no answer to this question. It seems to be a minor miracle I've made it this far at all.

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Your blog is organized-you have a checklist on it.

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

had a checklist on it, HAD.

I got relatively sick of that thing, so I took it down.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home