Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Cutting Class

How appropriate after yesterday's post...Yesterday I sang the praises of looking forward to going to class. Tonight, I was late leaving work, drove home in a rain storm that followed me the whole way home, had no groceries for supper, and somehow decided to skip class. Do I feel guilty, yes, sort of. I may not have gone to class but I did read the required reading for this week and worked on my message board posts. I even went back and read the transcript for tonight's class. Usually, I make a point of going to this class because I really enjoy the way the instructor runs the seminar. It is focused for an entire hour and very interactive. Tonight, I just didn't have it in me.

Does anyone else have these moments? I can count on one hand the number of classes I skipped in undergrad. I was a nerd who thought going to class was the only way to learn. Knowing what I know now, I could have had a lot more free time back then!

3 Comments:

At 5:26 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I think that is part of the problem with online education...most students work a full time job or have multiple commitments. It is easy to lose track of time or have other issues come up that need your attention.

The flip side to all that is, I think we are all very dedicated students and don't skip class just to skip class. We are usually doing something else that is productive. (naps count!)

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Debbie,

My goodness! You have a very busy schedule. How do you find time for homework? I spend more time doing homework now than I ever did before...and one of my degrees was in exhibit design with an art minor and those types of projects take tons of "out of class" hours. Congrats to you!

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger Naomi said...

I have to admidt that I am really having to prioritize my time this summer. I have found I need the time to write and research papers. So, I read the transcripts and have stopped attending the seminars. I feel bad, because I know that the professors put a lot of time into these. However, it is helping me survive.

- Naomi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home