Monday, July 10, 2006

Time for class

Many people say online learning is "safer" because the learner is anonymous. They are more free to express themselves without fear of ridicule. I tend to agree to an extent except if it is so "fearless and free," why do I get butterflies in my stomach before class each week? It is the same sick feeling that is a combination of excitement and anxiety. I love to learn and usually feel fairly prepared for class but I am always wondering if I will make a fool out of myself in class.

I notice that I am a "quick" typer and like to jump in right away. I hate silence and waiting for my peers to type (some must use the hunt and peck method still or else they are on dial up because man, oh man they are slow). I use AIM most of the day and have usually spent a good 10-12 hours on the computer by the time class rolls around. My brain and fingers don't always function at the same time. I reread what I type and think my goodness I sound stupid.

I guess you could also say I am impatient. I want to attend class but I have a list a mile long of things I would either rather be doing or need to be doing before bedtime. Speaking of....it is almost time for class and I still have a paper to submit tonight.

1 Comments:

At 7:38 PM , Blogger Erin said...

John,

You must be a quick hunt and pecker because I have not noticed :) You should see my father type with two fingers! It amazes me.

Online works quite well for those with busy or unconventional schedules. I would never have been able to complete my undergrad at a traditional university with my current schedule.

Glad you like the links. Now I need to use them and post to your blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home