Sunday, December 16, 2012

Mason Time

Ryan took Miller to MN for the past 6 days. I stayed home with Mason. Overall, he was pretty good and fun to be with. We don't get much one on one time so it was nice to give him undivided attention. It made me remember some of the things Miller used to do when he was that age.

The downside to it all...my back is killing me! Lifting him in and out of things (crib, high chair, car seat, shopping carts, changing diaper, etc.) was a bit too much for this old lady.

My mom came to hang out with us for a few days and also enjoyed time alone with Mason for the same reasons I mentioned. We took him to the Tradewinds Park holiday light show. He loved it. We put the sunroof back, opened windows, and played some Christmas tunes while we drove through. He made happy noises, pointed, laughed, etc. throughout the ride. It was priceless. He enjoyed it so much we took a detour through the neighborhood on the way home to give him a little extra.

On Saturday we took a short trip to a park close by and also a few walks. Sunday we hung out for almost 2 hours at the park with Norah and Caleb and had a picnic. It was fun to see Mason starting to act like a little boy and less of a baby. He even discovered Thomas the Train this weekend and spent several 15 minute stints with me on the couch. We pulled out Miller's train track and trains too.

Mason loves books and I can't count how many we read this weekend or how many times we read the same few over and over. We had lots of outdoor time too. Annie even got to enjoy the perks with lots of outside time, chasing bubbles, and a few walks.

In lieu of the terrible Connecticut shooting Friday, I was happy Miller called home every night to tell me about his adventures and that he was safe with Ryan. I will rest better seeing them tomorrow. I have a feeling it's going to be weird dropping them off at school knowing that it could have been their daycare or school as they get older. My heart aches for all of the teachers, children, and families involved. I will leave it at that before I get any more choked up.

2 Comments:

At 7:41 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Glad you got to enjoy some Mason time!

Yes, the CT tradgedy is heart-breaking. I haven't even wanted to talk about it. It is literally the stuff of my nightmares.

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I hear you about CT shooting. Something about having been a Kindergarten teacher plus a Mom to small children has made this one even more devastating. I am literally forcing myself not to think about it, otherwise I find myself holed up in the bathroom sobbing. I don't know how you survive the loss of a child - especially in a situation like that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home