Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Thoughts on Running

I am one run shy of being at the half way point of this training plan. Here are my current thoughts on things.

Training Plan: it's not too bad but I prefer to not look ahead to future weeks. Otherwise I begin to think I can't do it.

Others: I pass and see a lot of the same people each morning. They must know I am not just some casual passerby because they now all say hello whereas the first week, I think they thought I was a lost person in the neighborhood.

Real Runners: Being passed by real runners gives me mixed emotions. First, I think they are looking pitifully at me and my slow pace. Then they give me that nod that says "good for you, keep going." Then as I watch them pull away in their speedy (and good looking form) I sigh. I doubt I will ever be "that" runner but it gives me something to strive for.

Route: Next week I am going to need to expand my route. I prefer to stay away from major roads because honestly, I always judge the runners I pass when driving. I think they are either crazy or the fat ones have a ways to go. Yep. I am a jerk. I did map out a few other options which will work for a week or two. Then I am going to have to bite the bullet and run on real roads instead of residential.

Gear: I am going to charge up the new watch and take it for a spin on Friday. Next up is probably some tunes. I am bored and need some music. Or, it might be sunglasses. Heck, it may be both.

Either way, I have stuck with this more than I thought I would. So far I enjoy knowing I am trying to get in shape and sticking to the plan. I still am not a fan that "loves" running. I don't know if I will ever like it that much. Who knows...time will tell.

3 Comments:

At 9:59 AM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

I've been running since 7th grade and i don't really "like" it. It's just something i do cuz i like shiny stuff. So you may never truly love it but time will tell. Nice job so far!

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Jess said...

You're doing awesome at it! And who cares what people think of you when you run by?! Anyone else running thinks you're doing a good job, and anyone who is not running is envious that you ARE! Plus, you're running so fast, you're past them in a blink of an eye anyway! :)

 
At 7:04 AM , Blogger Erika . . . with a K said...

I was on week 6 of c25k when I hurt my back two weeks ago. Finally back to my training today! Can't wait! I feel like a real runner when other runners smile and bid as I pass by!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home