Saturday, August 04, 2012

Organization and Chores

We have been on a kick for a couple months trying to keep the clutter at bay. The garage is 90% gutted and reshuffled, we had a yard sale, and we have tossed and donated a bunch. The kids' rooms have been eating away at my inner organizational bone for a few weeks now. I decided to bite the bullet and tackle them rather than do my normal weekend cleaning.

Mason's room wasn't too bad. I pulled out a few "baby" toys and put them in the bin for yard sale/donation. Then I went through and pulled out the too small clothes from his drawers. Next, I shuffled and grabbed all of Miller's old 2T stuff and put them in Mason's drawers. I topped it off with organizing this existing toy bins and pulling some stuff from Miller's room into his closet.

Next up was Miller's room. He has too much stuff. I did a ton of work on his closet and pulling some of the younger toys over to Mason's room helped alleviate the problem. Luckily he had a few bins that were easy to sort through. After lunch he and I tackled the pile causing me angst; the weapons and small parts. I think we ended up with Transformers weapons, GI Joe weapons, fireman supplies, army stuff, missiles, and random weapons. Target will hopefully have a container that will work for what I am looking for but for now, ziplock is doing the trick. After nap time we need to tackle his bookshelf and move a few over to Mason's room.

It's amazing how much the kids forget they have. It's like Christmas all over again as old toys are rediscovered.

Ryan put a ceiling fan outside in the garage. He also added a pipe to our AC drain (it could use some paint but I think that will probably happen once the house is repainted). We also initiated the process for having our front door measured and a new one put in (side window too). Hopefully that happens rather quickly and painlessly. I have wanted a new door since we moved in. Rephrase, we have needed a new door since we moved in.

We have a few yard chores but I am not sure how much will get done this weekend versus another weekend. We have 2 trees to rip out and bring to the dump. We are going to hold off on the replacement ones (which is also going to drive me nuts for a month or so). We want to replace some edging around the front circle and add some new mulch. If it weren't 100 degrees out with 90% humidity, it would probably already be done.

I wondered this morning what it is like to not have chores or repairs to do. I bet life would be pretty exciting if I could reallocate the money we spend at Home Depot to entertainment or new shoes. Speaking of...since I cleaned out the closet 2 weeks ago, I now can see my shoe situation. Momma needs some new shoes to replace all of the old crusty out of style ones. I bet you know what my next posts will be about.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 PM , Blogger Jess said...

As yes, as I suspected from your post this morning on FB, you were tackiling some major "to do"s today!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home