Monday, May 14, 2012

Official Mother's Day Recap

Ryan and the boys know how to spoil their mother. Ryan got up and took the boys on an adventure so I could have a little quiet time. (Don't get too excited, their adventure was to Dunkin Donuts and Publix)

They returned with donuts and iced coffee. Yum! We opened cards and then a few gifts. I received a new flavored coffee, the K-cup thingy for using your own grinds, and then the best gift ever...a new hair dryer! Yes, I am overly excited about this darn hair dryer. I mentioned mine was on it's last leg and that I was going to splurge on a nice one this time around. They bought me a very nice one and it worked super well.

I was able to take my time getting ready (time to paint toe nails, play with the new hair dyer, etc.) I hung out with the kids until after lunch and then headed for my afternoon of freedom. I went directly to the mall on the hunt for a few things. Jess and I met up and went for a nice little snack at The Cheese Course. Girl talk, no kids, cheese and wine. Yum all around.

I was home shortly after the kids woke up from their naps. We played outside in the porch and on the swings for a couple hours. Both kids were in a good mood which always helps. Miller was a good big brother and let Mason play with some of his super heroes and Capt. America's shield. When he asked for it back, Mason actually gave it to him. It was a pretty amazing coincidence that I will pretend was understood sharing. Both kids were giggle faces on the swings.

After that we went inside for a wonderful crab and lobster dinner. Miller had fun cracking the crabs and ate well. We were battle free which is always a plus. Mason, well, the kid loves to eat. I think he ate a bowl of chicken noodles and something, some squash, and cheerios.

Afterwards we did a quick round of baths. Mason had a bottle and went to bed without a peep. Miller, Ryan and I watched the rest of G.I. Joe (what a terrible movie after having watched Avengers last weekend. Even if the story was ok, the special effects were so horrible, it was almost painful to watch.) Miller went to bed without a fuss. Ryan and I watched a couple sitcoms and were in bed before 10pm. It was a fantastic day all around. Ryan set the bar pretty high for father's day...I better start planning now!

2 Comments:

At 11:36 AM , Blogger Jess said...

A good day all around!

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Sounds like a great day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home