Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Super Mom and VPK

I am going to mix a couple rambles into one post. I hope you follow. I am also warning, I use a little colorful language to describe things.

First, I totally deserver a Super Mom award for my recent cleaning and organizing of Miller's toys. Now that his toys are back in themed bins, it's like a whole new world of toys arrived. He has played with his army/super heroes for days on end and has been excellent at putting the small accessories and guns in their little container when he's done. Tonight, he resurrected the airport and fire station that I posted about (remember, the one that took me hours to put together because there were a million pieces, stickers, and horse shit directions). Let's just say putting it back together a year later still took me half an hour and there are a few missing pieces. I received enough thank you's to make up for the earlier tantrums and discipline we were enforcing.

Second, I finally got an appointment to register Miller for VPK (voluntary pre kindergarten). It took me forever to print the forms, fill them out, make the photocopies of necessary docs, etc. Every document and every webpage said the same thing: Come to your appointment with your appointment ticket, the form filled out, copies of docs a, b, c (which there was another form that told all of the acceptable forms of a, b, and c). Tonight I arrived at my appointment. The lady checking us in must have felt like a tape recorder asking the same questions about if you had your stuff filled out, copied, etc.

The people ahead of me were not prepared. Then she would tell them to get it done and that they needed to sit behind x in the chairs over there. Well, no one could follow the directions. Some lady busted in front of me and said she was next after x. I said, no, you aren't because I have all of my stuff ready and I am behind x. She proceeded to jump in front of me. The lady taking applications said I was next and I said very loudly (because honestly, I don't give a crap anymore. I deal with morons all day. What's one more?), "That's fine. Let her go. She's not prepared and I can wait another 5 minutes while she gets her shit together. I just hope my kid doesn't end up in her kid's class." Yep, I was totally obnoxious and don't give a hoot. The lady next to me bust out laughing.

Then it was my turn. I walked up, handed my form to the guy. He asked for a copy of my ID and a copy of Miller's birth certificate. He asked if the info was accurate and up to date. I replied yes. He hand copied it all onto another form (ummm...hello online forms and computers...) and said that was it. I asked if he wanted the copy of the third document they asked for and he smiled at me with one of those "no thank you, you have your crap together" looks and said nope, that would be all. As I walked out, the bitch who cut in front of me was still filling out her stuff.

As a side conversation, another woman was frantically filling out her stuff and said "I have been waiting a month and a half for this appointment. I can't miss it." I replied "yes, so have I." In my head, I was thinking "you have had a month and half to fill out the dumb form and make your 3 copies. How hard is it to make the appointment and turn it in?"

So, I guess this is just a taste of what my thoughts are going to be about the kindergarten registration process. I am totally joining the PTA. I can't believe how stupid people are and if my kids are going to have a good school experience, I am going to have to get involved. Yep, Miller and Mason, you have one of those moms. Please don't hate me for it.

2 Comments:

At 8:13 AM , Blogger Jess said...

It always amazes me how pany don't have their stuff together. And I suppose they're the ones who are raising kids who become college students who don't have their work ready on time, and I'm just like, "Well, I guess you're SOL. Sorry."

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger Jess said...

That "pany" was supposed to be "people"! Wow, my typing is awesome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home