Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day Breakfast

Miller and Mason had a Mother's Day breakfast at school today. Mason went in with Ryan and Miller and I went in a little bit later. Miller was pretty pumped to have me take him to school.

The school had a nice plate of fresh fruit and a cinnamon roll. The kids were served their normal cereal. Of course I couldn't keep him from eating at home before we left so he ate 2 bowls of cereal at home and half of my stuff at school. He didn't touch his own cereal (which, I wouldn't blame him; plain cheerios or fresh fruit and a cinnamon roll...).

After we ate I went into his classroom, read him a book, checked out all of the stations and other things in the classroom. He only mildly put up a fit when I left. Then I headed over to surprise Mason.

Mason had the biggest smile on his face when he saw me. I sat and played for a few minutes with him. Gave him a few snuggles and then headed out to register them in a new school.

The new school which I thought I was just going to do a quick visit (Ryan had previewed them for us) and then sign some paperwork to get on a waiting list didn't materialize. It had a few things that turned me off and I just didn't get a good vibe from it. I am sure it's a fantastic school but we both felt put off by it. Something just didn't fit with us or the way we see our children's needs being met. We did get on the waiting list as a backup plan.

After that tour, we headed to another school that originally Ryan had crossed off the list. We both like parts of it but there are a couple negatives / open items. One of the main ones is that they only accept 1 year olds who can walk. We can't predict Mason will be walking by the time he starts. We liked the 2+ year old classrooms and VPK curriculum.

We left deciding we would have to reopen our search and maybe try another area we hadn't looked in. It's like house hunting; once you know what you want; it's a matter of finding that perfect place. I know we will have to sacrifice something in the end and right now; it appears to be convenience. There are a few things we want and won't settle unless everything else outweighs it.

Who knows, we may need to put Miller in school and hire a nanny for a few months until Mason can walk. Right now it's back to the drawing board.

2 Comments:

At 3:28 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Sounds like the Mom's Day breakfast was fun. Wish I could've gone, but the timing was bad for my morning class.

Have you looked at Creative Child? I think they have a Coral Springs or maybe Margate location. They look great, and a friend of mine used ot take her son there; it's just pricey.

It is tough to try and find a new center; there's lots of considerations to weigh,and each place works differently for each family. Good luck with the continued hunt!

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Thanks for the suggestion. We may have to go check that one out. It's just the fact it's in the wrong direction other than being right next to Target!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home