Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekend With The Boys

Ryan was away camping so I had my fill of boy time. I can't complain. The munchkins were good for the most part. I enjoyed them but also love knowing that I am not a single parent. God bless those that are.

The boys were snuggling on the couch. Miller wasn't punching him, he was protecting his face from Mason's ever roaming claws.


I had a successful pick-up from daycare. Miller ate and listened well all weekend (no bribing, no yelling, no drama). We put Mason down and had some time to play a game, read a magazine, watch a short movie on his computer, etc. He even went to bed without a fuss.

This week we had told him that he needs to start going to the bathroom in the middle of the night by himself. If he made it three nights in a row without our help, he got to pickout a new small Lego set. Thursday night = all by himself. Friday = slept through the night. Saturday = all by himself. Sunday = off to get Legos. I think we have broken through. Let's see how it goes for the rest of eternity.

Saturday we slept in until almost 7. We got up, got moving, and went to Jess's to play. The kids pretended they were camping, colored, played play doh, etc. Then it was home for lunch, a nap (well, Miller slept), and then some more afternoon fun. Elaine came over for pizza and played some more board games with us. Miller went to bed pretty well again.

Sunday we got up and made muffins. We gave Annie a bath and got some play time in outside before Ryan came home.

Mason had his fair share of adventure too. He played with Caleb, practiced sitting, almost made a true unassisted roll over. He has just one shoulder in the way. He will get it soon enough. He's been troubled by the rhea this weekend and today he has not been a happy camper. Good thing daddy was back to help prevent shaken baby syndrome.

Most of my chores were completed this weekend. Miller helped clean his own room and water plants.  I am waiting for a gigantic file to down load, convert, and re-upload for work. If I believe the ever changing progress bar, it could be anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours. Yuck. I should have started this in the morning. Oh well. I have tomorrow off (taking a personal day) to get some much needed shopping done. Wish me luck. Momma needs a new wardrobe.

3 Comments:

At 6:41 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Glad the weekend went smoothly! Norah and Caleb were good for me too (although, I only had 24 hours of single parenting), but the second Jerry got home on Sat afternoon, Norah broke into a shitticane. I think she was so excited to have him back that she was acting out.

I need to do some shopping too. But, I think I'll do it over my spring break the first week in March.

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Cute pic of the boys! Sounds like you had a successful weekend. I know what u mean about the shopping, I did some of that this weekend.

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Rylee was an angel this weekend which was a much needed change. Lets hope it's a trend that continues.

Loved the couch pic!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home