Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Randomness

Mason and I have been trying to get on a schedule and figure out a routine. So far, we haven't gotten one down pat but I think one might be coming together. Just when I think I have it figured out, it will change. In the meantime, I have been slowly chipping away at things I wanted to get done on maternity leave.

Most are not exciting things. They are mainly organizational and cleaning related items. For example, I put up my new stuff from Pier 1 and hauled out a few fall items. I have sent some thank you notes out and took care of some appointments (I do need to make myself a dentist appt...). There are few main tasks I need to complete that I am dancing around.

The first is to update my phone and address book. I have had this on a list of to do's for forever. The second is to fill out the baby book. I might actually start that this week. The third is to tackle the hutch that moved to our bedroom. That is going to require a lot of sorting through old mail, filing, shredding, etc. and then the totes in the closet that are along the same lines. I also need to do a closet sweep but that's going to wait a little longer until I lose some more baby weight.

There are a couple cleaning related items such as dusting inside my glass cabinets in the kitchen, organizing/cleaning out some cupboards, and of course, washing some windows that are disgusting. None of these are chores that the average person would notice but since I am home 24/7, I will feel good knowing they have occured.

One last note. After having watched countless hours of HGTV already, I really want to get my window treatments completed. I am tempted to actually look at hiring a designer. I can't figure out how to finish them and few things I thought I wanted to do, I can't find "pre-made" curtains in fabric colors/patterns I want. I could sew but I stink at it and really am not sure I can pull off the larger rooms. Oh well, I have 9 more weeks to figure it all out.

1 Comments:

At 3:53 PM , Blogger Jess said...

You must be the only person I know who has a to-do list while on maternity leave! My to-do list over the summer included the following: Don't inadvertently set the house on fire.

I succeeded!

Good luck with your list of chores!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home