Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Time

I know we all wonder where our time is spent and where it goes because it never seems there is enough of it. Normally, I think I do a decent job with time management at work. Ryan begs to differ since I never leave on time but as far as balancing work load, deliverables, and projects, I rock.

When it comes to my home life, I am not very good at it. I can't decide if it's because I think I can pack a lot more into my time at home or whether it's that I am too worn out to get things done in an efficient manner. I am guessing it's a combination of both factors. Plus, I feel like whatever little time I do have has to be spent doting on Mr. Miller.

The crazy part of time management is that now that I work from home 3 days a week, I do get extra chores done that I used to save for the weekend (laundry, keeping things picked up during the day, small errands such as paying bills, etc.) but I don't feel like I have gained any time on the weekends. Where is it all going?

Yes, yes, I could do a time study and record what I actually do and when to figure this out but I know what I will find. I am lazy and instead of doing things more efficiently, I chose to do things that suck time (blogging, facebook, watching tv, reading books/magazines, etc.). For example: right now, I am monitoring a live session for work but thinking I should be multitasking and typing some meeting minutes from earlier today. Instead, I justify in my head that I already worked 8:30-6:30 today and again from 8:30-10 tonight.

Do any of you have tricks for managing your personal time or home time more efficiently? I seriously think there is nothing left in me once I am home and now with being pregnant, it takes all I can muster up to just stay awake once home.

1 Comments:

At 6:45 AM , Blogger Jess said...

What are you not getting done that you think you should be? Seems like you manage time just fine!

I wouldn't worry about trying to pack more into your day. And spending time with the people in your life is always the most important way to spend your time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home