Monday, May 02, 2011

Staying Away From Politics

With the news of Bin Laden's death, I am sticking to my no politics policy. I am keeping my distance from the FB posts too. I think there are a few too many ridiculous comments out there that do not warrant a response, a like, or even a counter argument. It is history in the making. I wonder what it will say in Miller's textbooks when he is in school?


Switching gears...

We have had a busy long weekend with friends in town from North Dakota. Matt and Val have enjoyed some warm weather, pool time, an airboat ride, beach time, and hopefully today, some relaxing time before the little Millerman gets home from school. He's enjoyed playing with them and keeping us all entertained.

Our guests had cooked us a fabulous dinner two nights ago and tonight, we get to enjoy some homemade lasagna. They are excellent house guests and are welcome back anytime (even if they don't cook for us). Tomorrow they head back to the frozen tundra. I have a feeling Miller and Annie will be a little heart broken to see them go.

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Yes, seems wisest to treat the interweb like a first date: no religion, no politics.

I actually just "unfriended" someone on FB for the first time last week because I was sick of his political posts. I went to HS with him, really barely even remember the guy, and I was just getting annoyed by the daily assualt of stuff that I didn't agree with. It was tough to keep my trap shut, and I was like, "Why am I even 'friends' with this person? I don't even know him, so why submit myself to his opinions?" Thus, "unfriended."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home