Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Looking for Motivation

I am looking for motivation (other than the fear of dying during labor because I am so out of shape). I am seriously worried about pushing out LBF #2 because with Miller, they put me on oxygen and it was a 32 hour adventure. I remember wanting to give up near the end. Not this time. No 32 hours and no giving up thoughts. It's going to be push, push, push and done. Yeah...in my dreams!


I am finally starting to feel better and figure it's time to start getting in shape. I am not talking running marathons or having an aerobics instructor body. I would like to be able to walk without feeling out of breath. I would like to be able to lift, carry, move, etc. around the house without thinking my heart is going to jump out of my chest.

I know the simplist and easiest form of exercise that is doctor recommended is walking. I thought I would get my butt out of bed on the days I work from home and do it before my work day begins. I think this is still my best option but in the mornings, I am not really ready to get moving that early. I would much rather have that extra half hour to sleep. Maybe I can squeeze in a cat nap at lunch time?

My other option is at night and that means after Miller goes to bed and that's too late/dark out. My other quandry is that the neighborhood isn't as easy to map out like the old one. Too many dead ends. I will have to stick to the basics for now.

I am not one for "swimming" but maybe some water walking on the weekends or treading will need to take place. I can't believe how out of shape I have become and it's scary.

My goal is to start this activity next week. We have guests coming tomorrow and no sense starting a new routine on a Friday, right? So, if you find any motivation, send it my way. I am in need.

2 Comments:

At 1:23 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Maybe think of breaking it up into two segments. Sometimes thinking of two 15 minute sessions is easier than thinking of and tackling one longer session.

But, I wouldn't worry about labor and delivery; the ease or difficulty of that seems to be completely unrelated to overall fitness. Plus, your body has done it once before; it'll know what to do again.

 
At 3:18 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I am in serious need of the same kind of motivation. I'm actually planning on joining the gym while I'm back in MN. My friends Sara and Heather better get my butt in there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home