Monday, March 07, 2011

Reviving the Blog?

Lately I have been contemplating reviving my blog. Main reason, we are expecting baby #2 and honestly, without my blog entries from Miller's pregnancy and birth, I probably wouldn't have much of a memory at all.

Here it goes...pregnancy round 2.

I distinctly remember how I hated being pregnant very early on. Morning sickness was not kind to me most mornings and for a constant 20 weeks. There was little escape of uncomfort until I received a prescription to keep my heartburn at bay. This time, I vowed I knew it was going to suck and that I can do it. I was braced with first hand knowledge of how to trick my body out of it's nauseous state; small frequent meals, avoiding certain foods that seemed to disturb my normally solid innerds and consuming those that were supposedly better for me.

Mother nature didn't like this game I came prepared for. Instead of morning sickness that lingered all day, she decided to hit me with morning sickness that lingered all day but ruptured into a fullout battle every afternoon/evening. I am knocking on wood I do not have to worship public porcelain throwns or join the mile high puke club. Tomorrow I have my 14 week checkup and plan to sucumb to my pride and ask for drugs.

I know this is the weak approach but I have been feeling severly run down and plain old cranky. I don't want to continue feeling this way for any longer. I hope she can prescribe something and it works. I just want some of the old me back.

On a more positive note, I am much less anxious this time around. I am still following what the baby is doing each week but honestly, I have the been there done that attitude. I hope that's a good thing. I am seeing it that way.

Since this is getting long and is my attempt to regain my desire to blog, I will save a few ideas and reflections for later this week. :)

1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I know my blog has been a good record for both pregnancy and child-related stuff. Especially concerning pictures since I hardly ever print my pictures.

Drugs for the nausea aren't the "weak" way out of anything. You have to take whatever options work best for you. I didn't want them mostly because the doctor said the major side-effect was drowsiness and fatigue, and I couldn't imagine being any more tired!

Hope whatever gets prescribed works well for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home