Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Daily Grind

Yesterday was back to the daily grind. Having so many days off and short weeks spoiled me. By 1pm I was more than ready to go home. I did leave by 5:30 which is sticking with my New Years resolution. The problem is a lot of my team and peers (the darn company) work 9-6. I don't mind going in at 8 to get an hours worth of work done before others show up but by 5, I want to leave. Why must people continually schedule 5-6pm meetings? I decline the ones I can but sometimes (like this week) you just have to go to them. Argh!

3 Comments:

At 10:05 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

You should start scheduling meetings at 8 just to screw with them. When we started working from 7 to 4 it took about a year for our customers to realize that we wouldn't be here after 4. I am sure Miller and I can handle 2 maybe 3 late nights a week. But 5 is too many.

 
At 2:06 PM , Blogger Jess said...

What kind of sadist schedules a meeting for the last hour of the day?

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Unfortunately I work for a company that at one moment is heaven sent and others completely satan's span. Today's events have me so fired up I can't even articulate it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home