Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Baking and Losing

I had this wild hair up my butt that I was going to make chocolate chip cookies and almond bark covered pretzels for Xmas this year. I would like to remind everyone that I am not a baker and today's events prove why.

Chocolate chip cookies:

I did use regular butter and took the sticks out of the freezer to thaw on their own. I had one large bag of chips and followed the directions to a T. When I poured the chips in, I realized the bag was twice the normal size but the recipe was for only half the bag. Therefore I whipped up another batch of dough to mix in BUT that butter hadn't thawed. So I let it sit for over an hour before I finished the mix.

I knew my first sheets would be the test group (a little too large, figured out the time thing). The proceeding sheets were also crap. I think airbake cookie sheets are the devils work and need a good cheap sheet that no one cares if you use a knife on it. After laughing over my attempt to make cookies (and surpised to find I still had flour and sugar in the house I moved onto the almond bark covered pretzels.

Almond bark pretzels:

I searched Publix high and low yesterday for almond bark and even asked a person for help. They didn't know where any was but I saw the white chocolate bars that said you could melt and cover fruit, pretzels, etc. It looked like the right stuff. Had examples of what I was going to use it for...It's 6 hours later and the stuff is still wet! WTF? Even a chocolate covered strawberry would have hardened up by now.

I will continue to uphold my "no deserts" status of the group and stick with appetizers and salads. Santa better hope he gets better cookies next door and is too full for mine.

4 Comments:

At 8:52 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Put the pretzels in the fridge. They should harden up in there.

 
At 9:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have used my chocolate chip cookie recipe and then you wouldn't have needed butter. Mine has never not turned out. Next time. Coyote Mama

 
At 10:09 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

I like the cookies the way they are. I take soft and greasy over hard and crunchy any day. Just like my strippers.

 
At 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said, Ryan. Coyote Mama

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home