Thursday, December 10, 2009

18 Month Stats

Miller's 18 month check up was yesterday. Here are the stats:

Height: 35 3/4 inches
Weight: 30 lbs 9 oz

What this equates to is one tall boy who is off the charts (still) and estimated to be 6'4". Not surprising but fun to have a doctor tell you that.

He has 16 of his 20 teeth and those may or may not come until he's 2 (hence being called 2 year molars).

He's advanced with his speaking skills (especially for a boy). Some boys don't speak until 2! Could you imagine how quiet our house would have been these past 18 months if that were true in our case?

He's on track with his motor skills too.

So, other than unnecessary screaming and carrying on when he was measured, weighed, toe pricked (his iron was tested-good results), and his 3 shots...it was a great check-up. We go back at 21 months for a regular visit. He's all done with shots until kindegarten! As the doctor said "The next checkup is to make nice." LOL!

Oh, and one other thing. The Miller Monster has been biting at school. We have a meeting with the administrator on Tuesday. The Dr. was like "there's not much you can do at this age," so it will be interesting to hear what they want us to do to change his behavior. Another kid has Roseola so we are crossing our fingers he doesn't catch it or come down with it next week when we fly. Always something for me to worry about.

5 Comments:

At 8:49 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I had Roseola when I was a kid.

I saw the sign posted about it on the toddler room yesterday, so I figured it must be going around.

I don't think there's much you can do at home to correct the biting since he's not biting anyone at home. My guess is that they'll just outline for you what they're doing to correct his behavior at school.

I remember my brother used to bite me when we were both toddlers/pre-schoolers. In fact, I have a distinct memory of him chomping down on my arm and refusing to let go even when I tried to shake him off. He was like a t-rex!

The good news is that he outgrew it. He barely ever bites me now ;)

 
At 11:44 AM , Blogger Froyd said...

Easy way to cure him from biting, is to tell every one else to bite him back. Cure the problem right quick.

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

My brother used to bite a lot too. It's got to be a boy thing. Not sure what they did to fix it but maybe me and my sister started biting back. Can't remember.

 
At 8:50 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Will we ever be out of this contagious game?! :)

Speaking of, what did the Dr. say about his exposure to C.diff?

I hope he stays free of both.

 
At 2:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Biting is for all genders. I think they just want to see what their friends taste like. Valerie sort of started the biting craze at her "school," but a couple bites back and she was cured! Of course, our little sweety bites small and cute...not like a boy!!!

Good luck,
BCKR

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home