Sunday, December 06, 2009

Great Birthday

I had a wonderful birthday weekend. Saturday Miller and I spent the morning together (Ryan had to work). Then we dropped him off at Jon and Shannon's to play with Rylee while we did his Christmas shopping. We spoiled him rotten but you will have to wait for the Christmas report to hear what we bought him. After that, we had an early dinner and then picked him back up. We started a movie but decided since I am now super old, it was time for bed (9pm).

My actual birthday morning started with the best suprise ever...Miller slept in until almost 9am! It is the first and probably the last time we will experience that. Ryan headed out to McDonald's to bring home some iced coffees and breakfast. Then he headed back to work and Miller and I had a great morning.

For some reason with all the sleep he got, he wasn't going to make it through lunch so we put him down for a nap. The plan was to try ice skating with him but he slept through it. Maybe next weekend. Instead we took him to the park. I was the paparazzi trying to get a good Christmas card photo. I am not sure if I succeeded-this week's "night time" homework.

We had dinner and more play time and now he's in bed. I should be working on my annual review but part of me thinks "It's my birthday-no work." I received a ton of well wishes via phone and facebook. It has been a wonderful birthday. Not to mention I received some nice gifts from my parents and Ryan's parents. Miller made me a mixed CD with 99 songs (hmmm...where does he get his money?) and I had already received my laptop a month early from Ryan. My brother in-law called and had a gift in my inbox and my sister called with news that my gift should arrive tomorrow. I always wondered when my parent's said they didn't need gifts for birthdays and Xmas's but now I understand.  A good day with my family was more than enough. Material gifts are nice (keep them coming) but being with friends and family is the best.

Thank you everyone. (No, I haven't had a ton to drink. I am really thankful and not loaded.) I must be a real adult now. :)

3 Comments:

At 8:42 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

It's fun (and easy) to spoil those kiddos! Glad you had a great birthday!

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Happy birthday! Glad it was a good b-day weekend.

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Happy Birthday, if a bit late. Glad it was a good one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home