Sunday, November 22, 2009

Work Weekend

I did escape yesterday for lunch and a movie. New Moon was pretty good. It was the level of movie I expected from the series and was not disappointed. If you are an avid Twilight reader, I would recommend seeing the movie. The increased budget helped but there was still some corny CGI stuff.

Last evening, Ryan got the boat all cleaned up and we went for a ride; Annie, Miller, Ryan and I. Miller did pretty well but I think our maiden voyage (well, we took him when he was an itty bitty baby but he doesn't remember) was a little too long. The motor started to run out of juice, Miller was uncomfortable and I was starting to get cranky. I believe I made a loud enough "Just get us home. Quit being naughty Miller! Sit Annie!" comment because Stuart our neighbor came out to check who was out in the lake. Actually, the words I said to Ryan probably caused the stir.

He was super helpful by taking care of Miller yesterday and then giving me a couple hours of uninterrupted work time last night. Then we started to watch Food Inc. Talk about craziness. I knew the food industry was bad but no where near as bad as it is. Unless I want to start my own farm, there isn't much I can do about it. We didn't finish but will tackle the second half tonight. We both were too sleepy.

This morning I was up at 5am for production validation. I was the only one experiencing problems so we stayed on the topic for over an hour. Finally I gave the "if it's just me and you can't replicate it, let's call it good" call. I went back to bed at 6:20. Luckily, Miller slept in until 7 (I think). Ryan got up with him.

At 8 I was up for good and started working on this budget thing I have do. I am waiting for a co-worker to return my call so I can wrap up for the day. I can't wait for Thursday to come. I need a break from work like no other. This has been a really stressful year and my only wish for next year is a new position with less responsibilities.

Miller's napping so hopefully I can finish a magazine, have a glass of long deserved wine, and keep the laundry moving. The next couple days are going to be insane at work and I haven't gotten anything done at home that I need to do. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

At 6:18 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Sounds busy! Good luck!

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

This time of year is so busy and it seems to go faster than any other! Why is that?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home