Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Work From Home Wednesday

Man, I said this last week and I am going to say it again...working from home rocks! I wouldn't want to do it all the time but here is what I was able to accomplish with the time I would normally spend commuting, in meetings, or being interrupted.

1) Prior to 8am with my commute time I picked up the house, sorted laundry, and started a new load. I logged in at 7:45 and began working.
2) During the day, I was able to switch 4 loads of laundry.
3) At lunch time, I took 20 minutes to scarf down food AND fold Miller's laundry and put it away.
4) Get actual work done.
5) Attend meetings.
6) Leave the house at 5 to get a haircut.
7) Be back online by 7:15 after giving Miller a bath, eating dinner, and picking up afterwards.

If this were a normal day in the office, I would have only accomplished #5 and made it home to maybe give Miller a bath but more than likely not. Normal dinner time is 8pm these days. Now how can any office deny this type of work? Not only was I uber productive but I also am in a good mood and have balance in my life!

2 Comments:

At 7:58 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Sounds like you were productive!

 
At 8:13 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Well, it's good that you've been able to schedule some days at home lately. Is this going to become a regular thing?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home