Thursday, May 28, 2009

Balancing and a Little Treading Water

So far, I am balancing the exercise thing. I worked out two days in a row, then took the rest day per the program, and continued my exercise tonight. To truly stay balanced, I need to get my butt out of bed early and do tomorrow's exercise before work since tomorrow night I have a happy hour to go to. So far, I have also stuck to my limit of two drinks a night (if any). Tonight I might break the rule by one (depends on how my computer adventure goes).

As for the work / life balance...well, I am doing ok. I could do a little better but I haven't completely gone lopsided. I would say the dieting front has stayed pretty consistant. No treats and I am sticking to my one soda a day. I did splurge today and got an iced coffee which is probably 10 times worse than a candy bar (I should probably find out how bad it really was to either accept it or deter future splurges).

I mentioned I am treading water and that's the work front. We have been super busy with a lot of high priority projects. To top it off, I lost my work badge yesterday and had to get a new one today. It wasn't that big of a deal but it stunk because I had to coordinate arriving at work with others so I could get in today and I had some personal pride in the fact my badge was one of the few "first issued" ones still in commission. Then my computer gave me the warning of "low free disk space" last evening. I nursed it along by transfering a couple files last night but am tackling the larger move tonight. I hope it works because my new computer will probably take 2-3 weeks to arrive. Again, it's a weird pride thing. I am one of the few nursing along an old version and people always wonder how I still have this computer.

Time to pay bills and begin my back up process. Wish me luck. I have avoided this for years and it might be painful. I hope it goes smoothly.

3 Comments:

At 8:04 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Nice job keeping up with the workouts and drink limitations! The iced coffee damage depends on what you got. Syrups, whipped cream, 2% milk, etc add onto the calories.

Hope the computer backing up thing went smoothly!

 
At 5:27 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Yeah, you probably needed that extra drink if you have to deal with transferring computer stuff. That's my biggest reason for not getting a new computer.

Sounds like you are doing well with the exercise and diet front. Now if we could just see you more often! Next weekend for sure!

 
At 11:28 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Ah yes, an exercise program - I need to get one of those. Currently I lift Rylee over my head 10 times a couple of times a day... does that count?! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home