Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dr. Visit

Miller was still not a big drinker or eater today. After he got up this morning, I noticed his rash had spread to his upper torso. It didn't look too bad so we sent him to school. His teacher said she wouldn't worry about it but if we wanted to take him to the Dr. we should. I called the nurse and she told me it didn't sound bad, just watch it. So at noon, Ryan went down to look at him and it had spread. He made an appt and this afternoon we headed to the pediatrician. The Dr. looked at him and said "Looks like an allergy or virus. Keep him hydrated and if he spikes a fever, watch him." We went through what might have changed to cause it and nothing was introduced or new to the routine so he said it's probably viral, not contagious. As for the cold, I guess when you are a baby and play in a petri dish, it takes a while longer to get over it. It's not in his lungs and overall he still has gained an ounce without the extra food or drinks.

I am relieved he's ok but it would have been nice to have a diagnosis. I have fretted all day and I think I took it out on co-workers. I was so worried about him but my head kept saying there's nothing you can do. I am revoking my no drinking Monday through Friday rule and going to have a bottle of wine tonight. Forget the diet, Mommy needs to destress while she works until midnight again.

4 Comments:

At 6:12 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

He's a strong lad, he'll pull through.

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I was gonna make a joke about swine flu, but then I thought how that might send you into a wine-induced tizzy, so I think it best to keep my wise-cracks to myself.

Hope Miller feels better soon!

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I knew it wasn't swine flu so I am ok on that front. I was worried it was Fifth's Disease because if it was, it affects preggos. The last thing I need on my mind is your health and Norah's! Could you imagine???

 
At 7:23 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I feel so bad for you all. Nothing is worse than a sick child. You want to help and there is nothing much you can do. Hang in there. Does the rash itch? If so try putting baking powder in his bath.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home