Monday, April 13, 2009

Over Packed

I normally over pack an extra outfit or two when traveling "just in case" something happens and I didn't plan accordingly. Now, this does not mean I over due it all the time because I have been to Chicago for work for a 2-3 day trip and been able to smash it all in a backpack.

Tonight, I packed for my trip to Denver (for work). I seriously had a packing dilema. I needed semi-cool weather clothes (it's supposed to be between 40-60 degrees and rain) and I needed work and non-work clothes. Since it's a conference, that requires suits and honestly, I am not sure one will fit. The other two are nice jackets but always a stretch to match pants since I didn't buy the matching pants at the time of the jacket purchase. I will never do that one again.

Also, I try to match all outfits when I travel so I can get by with one pair of shoes. The pair I normally wear have not been friendly lately since I have toes that keep going numb. I decided this called for an alternative pair of shoes but one isn't high enough to wear with some pants and the other is open toed (which in FL is no biggy but in CO before warm weather???).

I am sure every man is shaking their head reading this post but my suitcase is jam packed and I seriously am wondering if I can make 3 outfits out of it. Pray for a happy day when I get dressed and that my suitcase makes the trip with me. If I have to go and purchase clothes I am screwed with this fashion plague that has been hanging its head above me.

I still have toiletries to go...what a night.

5 Comments:

At 7:14 AM , Blogger Jess said...

It is tricky to pack for trips outside of FL this time of year since the spring weather in other locales can be so varied. Best of luck!

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Packing is hard...I always over pack too. Once John and I went to Reno for a convention and I took an entire suitcase of shoes! I have never lived that down.

I have come along way baby...now I only have two pair I like.

 
At 11:39 AM , Anonymous bridget said...

I hate packing, it is one of my most dreaded chores so I definitely feel your pain.

I haven't packed a single thing yet, I will be busy tonight!

Travel safe and I'll see you tomorrow night!

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Yeah, packing anywhere that has more than two seasons like Florida (summer and hurricane season) is tough. I'm sure you'll get it all figured out. Have a safe trip!

 
At 7:32 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I hear you on the shoe dilemma - though that saving on shoe space always backfires on me (it was part of my decision making process for the wedding trip and we remember how that turned out!).

Sounds like we'll see you on Friday night as you might be coming by to pick up Miller over here.

Have fun at the conference!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home