Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Attention Deficit What?

I used to think I was a very focused, linear person. Then work turned me into a scatter brain. I can flip topics like card dealer in Vegas. Ok, that was lame. Anyhow...my day is full of constant interuptions. So much that I never can start a task and complete it in one sitting.

Today was not the case. I had a ton of meetings cancelled and uninterrupted, well, less interrupted time to work. I didn't know what to do. It was a foreign concept to work for 30 minutes on one item without 15 windows open, email coming in, and IM blinking in my face. There were limited visits to my office and my phone only rang 3 times today. The scarry part for me is I didn't know what to do! I am not used to having real work time.

I did start alot of items and I checked a couple off my list but overall, I realized I am out of practice in the focus department. Can you develop A.D.D. as an adult?

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I don't know that you can develop ADD as an adult, but you're probably so conditioned to multi-tasking that it's odd to have a single, focused task. Still, it must have been kind of nice to have a sane day!

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

Ask Pete.

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Of course you can develop it as an adult. I swear I used to be very focused and goal-oriented while growing up and now I can get off track when something shiny floats in front of me. Or a coffee smell. Or the boss yelling. Or......

 
At 8:30 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I'm surprised my Mom didn't comment - she so suffers from adult ADD - maybe that's why she didn't comment - she was distracted!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home