Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Flight Delays

Yesterday I high tailed it to the airport to stand in an absurbly long line to check my luggage. Security wasn't bad but then I found out my flight was delayed 2 hours. So, my boss and a coworker and I decided what better way to start a work adventure than by hitting the bar for a few rounds of drinks.

After the 3 rounds, we headed to our gate and stood in line. There was some confusion, and I tried to board a plane to Tampa, not Denver. Ooops! I wasn't the only one by the way. They moved a gate on us and one guy was saying B2 and the other B4. Anyhow...after that plane loaded, a storm hit and because of lightening we couldn't board (no fueling or luggage loading during storms). We decided after sitting around for another 20 minutes, let's get another drink.

Finally we boarded our plane and than sat on the runway while they wait to fuel us. At 5pm (original departure time was 1:20pm) we were off. The flight in general was uneventful except for the guy ahead of me who decided reclining was a great thing to do so I had to sit with my laptop practically half closed. It was like those typing exercises where you cover your hands with paper...

Once we landed, my plans to meet friends were shot so I cabbed it to the hotel and then met other people for dinner. It was a great upscale mexican restaurant. I had some salmon enchiladas with goat cheese, capers, quail eggs...it was terrific but very odd. I was a good girl and came back to the hotel at 10:30pm (I hate late dinners) and read a chapter in my book then went to sleep. I slept like a baby and am ready to start another absurbly long day.

I have to reconnect with friends tonight and then another friend is in town so I have to figure that out too. Talk about jam packed.

Oh, as for the clothes and packing...my suitcase sat in the downpour in Ft. Lauderdale and a good portion of my stuff was wet when I got to the hotel. Then I had a bad iron that leaked water over everything I tried to iron. I spent 10 minutes with the blow dryer on my clothes. Nothing's ever easy when you are a Froyd.

5 Comments:

At 10:27 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

absurdly

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger Jess said...

With all those rounds in the airport, I'm surprised you worked at all on the plane!

The Mexican place sounds delish, but if it lacked cliff divers, I can assume it was not Casa Bonita! (Which, if you've ever been to Casa Bonita, you'd know that it far, far, far from serving gourmet Mexican!)

 
At 11:23 AM , Blogger Froyd said...

That's because if things were easy, we Froyds would be ruling the world by now.

It's the same concept of why the Irish have whiskey...something had to stop them from taking over.

It's the way the world works.

 
At 1:34 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

If you absolutly have to iron--always iron dry...that is my motto and I'm sticking to it. I have spent a fortune on irons and all of them spit!
Drinking always makes for a happier flight I say.

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I too have suffered the drippy hotel iron. It least the water didn't come out iron-y and then stain your clothes too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home