Monday, March 02, 2009

Psych

For those that know me, I am always dreaming about my next new car. Today, Ryan called me to tell me that he found a fantastic deal on a crew cab pickup for us (his extended cab is not baby friendly now that Miller graduated to a real car seat and not the baby one). I wasn't expecting the call so luckily, my last meeting ended at 4:30 and I was ready to meet him at the dealer. Then reality set in.

"Did you bring Miller some food from school or did you stop home?" I ask.

"No, but he will be ok," says Ryan, the optimist.

"Ok, did you get the title for the truck?" I ask, always thinking ahead.

"Dang!"

"Where are you?"

"95 and Commercial."

"Ok, I will go home, feed the dog, grab Miller food, find the title and meet you at the dealer," I add.

"Ok, call me before you leave home."

I hustle out of work, semi giddy about that thought that we may get a new truck. Then I think, crap, if we don't have the second car seat tonight, I will have to drive it to work. That means I will have to park on the 4th floor of the ramp so no one hits me and gives me door dings. Wait, Jess and Crystal all had accidents in their new cars. Ryan would kill me. I hope he switches the car seat so I can drive my car. Hmm...I am the one that wanted the new car. *Yes, that is how my mind works.

After getting home, following the plan above I call Ryan before I head back out. He doesn't answer. Damn. So I decide to head out and call again once at the stoplight on Oakland. He answered and said, "You can go home. I will call in 5 minutes. It's not what I thought."

Typical. It was a bait and switch. The add was for a truck that didn't really exist. Well, the one advertised had been suped up and cost WAY more than what we were bargaining for. So...Ryan and Miller came home empty handed.

Guess that means we are spending the weekend doing real car shopping. I hate dealers-that's why we have avoided going looking. Who knows-maybe we will both find a new car and we will get a two for one deal! And pigs may fly.

1 Comments:

At 11:15 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

When we moved here I let John talk me into buying a car down here because he didn't want to drive down again--big mistake! Florida dealers are rip off artists and I have a hunk of junk to prove it! Never again...it's MN dealers or nothing for me from now on!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home