Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Miller's Muted Days

Poor Miller. Sunday he was cranky and we attributed it to teething. Then he he had a major blowout so we switched our cause of crankiness to something he ate. Monday he woke up sounding a little "horse." He wasn't quite his giggly self and didn't drink his formula like usual. By Monday evening, he sounded worse and was even crankier. Tuesday, he had no voice. It was terrible. He didn't have a fever and was still eating and drinking semi-normal so we sent him to school today. Ryan picked him up from daycare tonight and took him to the doctor. He had a lowgrade fever (99 degrees) and has no voice. He can't even cry! It's so sad.

The doctor prescribed some cough syrup to help ease the cough and drug him a little for better sleep. He got home and I tried to give him a bottle of pedialyte but his gums hurt too much from teething so I squirted it in. It must have felt good because he gurgled it and was acting silly. We got his dinner down and that was it. He almost fell asleep on the changing table when I put his pjs on and off to sleep he went. We had to wake him up for his medicine since his prescription wasn't filled until after 7:30.

I have never felt so horrible in my life. The poor guy can't tell us what hurts. I can see that his gums must be killing him and the fact that now he can't even giggle, squeal, or cry must be awful. I just want to hold and snuggle him.

Depending on how the morning goes, I might keep him home and love him up. I moved all my meetings this week and guess which day they land on (Thursday). Maybe he can go to daycare for half a day. I feel horrible. Poor little guy.

4 Comments:

At 9:32 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

You wouldn't feel terrible if you say him making goo-goo eyes, smiling, and raising his eyebrows at the nurses today.

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Poor little fella!

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Oh I hate when little ones are sick! Sounds like what Jon P. has too, maybe Miller could share his meds!

 
At 7:59 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sorry to hear Miller is feeling poorly. I would feel horrible too! Hope he gets better soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home