Sunday, January 04, 2009

Random Download

This post is going to be a random download of updates.

Snotasaurus: Miller is still snotty but slept through the night Saturday. I think it's a combo of a cold and teething. He has fluids running from his nose and his mouth. He's like a faucet. At least they are clear fluids...

Unofficial Stats = Upgrade: Miller doesn't have a 7 month check up so we took our own unofficial measurements today. He weighed in at 22.5 lbs and was 30 inches. With these stats (and the fact that he doesn't fit in his car seat) we ventured to Babies R Us for a new car seat. Ryan did the research (thank you!) so we just had to pick between two when we got to the store. Of course, the one we picked doesn't fit in his truck. I have given my car up and will now be driving the truck on a daily basis. This isn't working with my master plan to get a new car. Argh!

Bathroom Redo: Ryan worked hard over the past couple days. The walls have been stripped, spackled, and sanded. There are a few trouble spots he needs to work on but it is looking better. He had to rewire where the main light will go and he had to fix the hole where the medicine cabinet will sit. We picked out and purchased the medicine cabinet, vanity, sink, new lights (above the cabinet and ceiling fan/light), the accessories, and one of the paint colors. The other paint will get picked up later this week. We also ordered our faucets and had the bath "re-fitter" come and take measurements. That's ordered up and will be here sooner than later (we hope!). So far, *please be the only glitch* was that when he took out the old sink, the water wasn't turned off (he thought it was because the spout wouldn't turn) and we had a hot water explosion. We thought we got it all up in time but some of it seeped through the wall and ruined about 7-8 floor boards in the hall. Luckily we have some left over so after the plumbing is complete, Ryan has a few boards to replace :(

Work Appraisals: I got my self appraisal completed this weekend and 2 out my 3 employees. The third one would have been done if the employee had filled it out right.

Work in General: Last week I got most of my 2009 prep work done and caught up on a lot of outstanding items. I am not fully where I wanted to be but I am in better standings than before Christmas. This week is going to be hectic. I am booked solid, fly to Chicago Tuesday morning (6 am flight-yuck!) and back Wednesday night (I think I get in between 9 or 10pm pending weather). I need to meet with HR about the job situation. I got the offer for the new company but there have been a lot of changes at work over the past week. I need to know what's going on to make an informed decision. Not looking forward to that dilema but I know what I want to do. Unless they tell me something earth shattering, I know my next steps.

Exercise and Lifestyle Change: So far, I have done pretty well. I have been walking almost every night. I mapped my routes out tonight. My one loop is just barely over a mile. The other is about a mile and a quarter. The third route is slightly over a mile and 3/4. I can make a combo to be just over 2 also. I have increased my H2O intake and decreased my Dt. Coke intake. I went several days without one. I cut back on drinking too. The other good thing is Ryan bought some veggies for with meals. We have been eating better balanced meals again. I would hope with these changes I will see some fat take a hike. I know I will need to step up the exercise a bit more but I didn't want to go all out the first week. Whenever I do that, I quit a week or two later.

I think that's about it for updates. Time to go sit down and relax for a bit before the work week starts.

2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM , Blogger Jess said...

That's a lot of updates. Maybe Miller's .5 in lbs was all snot!

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I love it when Ryan does research. So what are the best car seats for the next stage? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home