Sunday, December 07, 2008

Birthday Weekend

What a busy weekend. Friday, you saw my list. Saturday I spent the whole day wrapping presents and then cleaning house. Mr. Froyd and I got gussied up for dinner and my work holiday party. (The pictures of me are far from flattering so I won't be posting them. The good one of me is with a group of friends from work but Ryan's not in it.) Guess you will have to wait until next year to see us dressed up again.

We met Elaine and Eric for dinner at YOLO (you only live once). It was ok but nothing to write home about. Then we headed to the Science Museum for some drinks and socializing. We left a little early to go have more drinks at Dicey's down the street. Ryan summed it up by stating we like to drink and hear each other talk. Not stand elbow to elbow with strangers and have to yell into each other's ears. The wildness started to set in so Ryan made sure I left before I made a fool of myself.

The only bummer of the whole evening was my shoes. I didn't get blisters but they were killing me. Today I have 3 numb toes on one foot and 2 on the other. I wanted to take them off several times but Ryan kept yelling at me to leave them on.

Miller had a fun evening with Meagan and Crystal. Thank you ladies! He must have played hard because he slept in an extra hour this morning. He was super cuddly and cute today. I am going to miss him.

Yes, you read that right. I am going to miss him because I am off to Chicago until Friday afternoon. Long week ahead of me and I hear it's colder than a witches you know what up there. I am dreading it. I am not used to the cold anymore.

To wrap up my weekend, I stood in line at the post office for 40 minutes today. Ran a couple errands, worked for 3 or 4 hours, did some chores, and packed. It is time for bed.

Thanks for all of the birthday well wishes and presents. I am exhausted. Nighty night!

3 Comments:

At 11:12 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I am so sorry you have to leave that little bundle of joy! (Miller not Ryan)
Take care and don't worry Daddy will do a wonderful job while you are gone, but both of your men will be happy when you return.

 
At 11:58 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Have fun in Chicago. You'll be back in time for the par-tay Friday I hope...

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Have a good week in Chi-Town!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home