Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Exercising Attempt #?

I am back on the exercise wagon. We borrowed a friend's Wii Fit this weekend and I really liked it. I want to get one of my own. I know you probably wonder how a video game counts as exercise but for over a half hour, I am actively working muscles I normally don't move. Plus, I have always avoided Yoga because I am so inflexible and know I would look like a fool in class. The Wii Fit makes you learn to balance correctly and hold the poses the right way. If I didn't have that telling me I was off center, I wouldn't be gaining any benefits. It is a new way to challenge myself but definitely is not the end all be all to exercise.

In fact, Annie has been acting up lately due to her finally figuring out Miller is here to stay. She is cooped up all day so Ryan and I figured one of us could Wii Fit while the other took her for a walk. I think this might work for the time being. We both used the Wii over the weekend and yesterday I used it while Ryan walked Annie. Tonight I took her on the walk but we had to return the game to it's owner so no workout for Ryan. Of course we are looking to buy one and every store is sold out. Go figure!

I have no idea how Crystal can hula hoop for a half hour straight. I did 6 minutes last night and thought my hips were going to fall off. Anyhow, it's a step towards a real workout and I definitely can feel things being challenged. This couch potato has a long way to go. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

At 7:32 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Once you get one of your own, let me know. I've wanted to test it out!

Best of luck with the new exercise endeavors!

 
At 5:31 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Pretty soon you'll be hula hooping, doing arm weights and singing to Miller all at once. Just takes some getting used to...when I first got this hula hoop, I had a hard time keeping it up until I got used to the weight (and those ridiculous ridges).

Good to hear you're getting into the exercise groove again and I bet Annie is loving the walks, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home