Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pleasant Surprise

I have been getting to work every morning before 7:30 and have been leaving between 5:30 and 6. I am already breaking my leave at 5 rule and haven't had a lunch break in over a week. Today I didn't leave until after 6:30. Eleven hours of work is too much in one sitting. Uff. That's a story in and of itself for another day.

Miller has been eating and going down between 7 and 7:30 most nights so imagine my surprise, when I walked in the house at 7:20 tonight and he was wide awake! I came in with tears in my eyes expecting him to be sleeping and there he was, wild and smiley for me! His schedule was thrown off today at school. It was so nice to come home and hug him. I had a crappy day and am getting sick. I have a terrible sore throat and hope it doesn't morph into strep. I also hope I don't give anything back to Miller. I think he has officially gotten rid of that cold.

As a little tidbit...I stopped at a grocery store on my way home to pick up some beer. I figured I would give this store a chance since it was on my way home and was an easy in and out situation. Well, what a crock. I parked close but the beer was in the furthest corner of the store. Then when I checked out, I got carded. Normally I don't mind but this lady was snippy about it since I didn't have it out and waiting for her. Then after she rang it up, I questioned the price. I didn't have one of store's saver cards so I paid a $1.50 more. Not a big deal but it's the principal of the matter. Why can't stores just give us the advertised price without a coupon or saver card? Why can't cars be the price on the sticker. I just want straight forward billing people. My brain is fried and I can barely speak a coherent sentence. I know that's how you wear us down but watch out. One day when I win the lottery and am rich and not working, I am going to make your life hell.

2 Comments:

At 5:32 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I hear your pain...you are working too much and not getting enough time with Miller. Is there anyway you could cut back to part time? Job share? Work from home?
My pet peave is that companies can't work out some decent schedule for working mothers. I think it should be a law!

 
At 7:22 AM , Blogger Jess said...

That sucks that your days have gone back to exactly what they were before. Hopefully the new job in consideration will come at the right time.

I almost always get carded when I buy beer. I used to think it was kinda funny, but now it peeves me. I'm 30 years old, dammit. Just give me the damn beer!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home