Monday, July 23, 2007

Colorado Vacation

Our trip to Colorado was fun. The whole Froyd Family was there so it was nice to see everyone in one shot. Summary of events:

1) Grooms Dinner-fun, at an old Brew Pub downtown Colorado Springs (no idea what the name was though)
2) Friday tourist day-Ryan and I went to the Cave of the Winds, Manitou Springs, and 7 Falls. We met the family for lunch and went to 7 Falls together. I climbed those mother hating stairs and was proud of myself for doing it. I had my doubts after the first 100+ steps on the side of a mountain. I wouldn't say I am afraid of heights but open stairwells with people going down as you are going up...not really enjoyable. The altitude didn't kick my butt as much as I thought it would. We had dinner with the family, played a little Wii and Foosball (I kicked butt!) and then met the cousins at the bar for some drinks. Good times.
3) Saturday-I told Ryan the one and only thing I would make him do on this trip was visit the US. Figure Skating Museum. We were only there an hour (I could have stayed much longer but didn't want to ruin Ryan's whole day). After 20 years of skating, I got a little teary eyed a couple times and was quite overcome by emotions. I bought a new Xmas ornament and a postcard I framed. Not the high quality souveneir but it will do.
4) Saturday afternoon/evening = wedding. Beautiful scenery + wonderful food and drink = great time. I danced my feet off into blistery sore stubs. That should sum that one up for you.
5) Sunday we said our goodbyes and headed to Denver. We met Amy and LBK. Took Amy to lunch and I said goodbye without crying. I am going to miss the Mannisto's but am so happy for them. They are going to love it out there.

Final comment is 97+ degrees when we left and not even humid. I loved it! We spent so much time outside. I wish we could get weather like that in Florida.

So, we are home. I dropped my car off to get it fixed (again), got groceries, unpacked, and Ryan mowed the lawn. Laundry has started and we are goign to bed early.

2 Comments:

At 9:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a good time in CO. That dry heat is wonderful!

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Good to hear that it was a good trip. I'll have to hear more about it later.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home