Saturday, April 28, 2007

Grading and Prep Work

Man, I am a softy! I just completed my first unit's grading and I was a wuss. Unless my students completely missed something, I gave them all great grades. The good thing is, I warned all of them that I was easier on them during their first unit and would crack down in unit 2. This is their first term and first online class so I gave them the benefit of the doubt on round one.

After completing my grading and outreach (I have 4 students who haven't participated although they have logged in); I began prepping my seminar for Monday night. Last week I wrote a script/notes and barely followed it. Yeah, I covered all the topics I had wanted and followed my agenda and powerpoint but I found myself tending to the needs of questions about how to do everything. I am glad I prepped because I felt super good during and after the class. So...I prepped the same way for unit 2.

I can definitely see how I would improve my teaching and lessons for a second round. I would start incorporating more outside information to jazz things up but so far, sticking to the basics seems to be working.

Now, it is time to go read Unit 3 so I am ready for questions on Monday about it. Luckily, these units are sooooo much easier than my grad work. I can breeze through them in one afternoon.

3 Comments:

At 5:46 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Well, based on your post's info, I feel confident to bestow upon you the title of "Miss Organized."

I would give you a button to pin to your lapel with that title, but alas, the award comes from "Miss Disorganized" and she lost that button somewhere...probably in a bar.

 
At 9:28 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Not so sure about organized but probably more along the lines of newly excited and only 90% overwhelmed. It helped having Ryan gone all day, I didn't feel so bad working all afternoon.

Oh, and I even had time to drink some wine and start a new book!

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger Froyd said...

fail them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home