Monday, April 23, 2007

First Seminar=Successful

My students love me! Well, at least that is what they say when they are kissing my butt.

Tonight was my first seminar. I worked this weekend making powerpoint slides and an outline. Did I follow them...not really but I was prepared! We had a nonstop seminar for the full hour. There were over 15 students in attendance at one time so that's not bad for a KU online course that doesn't have graded seminars.

Most of my students laughed at my attempts at humor, they appreciated my tips, and asked normal questions I was prepared for. Now, if you ask my hubby, it was a comedy and should be published for that purpose only. I was called Professor Froyd many times (I told them to call me Erin). I was also called Mr. Froyd for quite a while. I had to private message that student and tell her I was a female. They all seem genuinely interested in education but like all college students...I had to remind them to get their work in before the deadline tomorrow.

I was very soft on their first assignment since most just didn't know how to use the software and hardware. I warned them, I won't be so nice or easy on future assignments. I think they are hearing me now...but wait till midterms when they are failing and start whining about it.

I had a good time and really enjoyed teaching them. I hope the remaining 9 weeks keep that energy and enthusiasm up (theirs and mine).

3 Comments:

At 2:29 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Congrats on facilitating a good first meeting!

 
At 9:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do they bring you an apple if its an online class? JK
It sounds like you your having fun with it. It just amazes me how much you take on. I had a hard enough time fitting in grocery shopping.
Sheryl

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger Erin said...

You have two munchkins, I have a needy cat and dog.

Oh, and my hubby does the grocery shopping (with pure hatred in his heart).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home