Saturday, January 13, 2007

Worn Out

I am worn out and mentally exhausted. I had to go into work today to assist in testing our platform (we just did a huge data center move). It stunk mainly because it is supposed to be our 3 day holiday weekend. I worked all day today and will work part of the day tomorrow. I am crossing my fingers that everything continues to go ok and Monday I will have all to myself-no work what-so-ever.

The one thing that peeves me about all this extra work is that I have been "organizing" my team which really isn't my team-I have no control over any of them. With that said, some people were awesome and followed the instructions, kept in communication, and did what they were supposed too. Others...well...I have no idea if they actually did anything at all. That really makes me angry because I know working on the weekend sucks but come on...they weren't the only ones. Not to mention, I set some very clear expectations that were not hard to follow. Even after follow up emails and phone calls...still no response. Oh well, when their stuff doesn't work, they better not come complaining to me. It's their own fault.

Hopefully after all of this, I will have a day or two next week that is painfully slow and I can leave early. I need a little time to recuperate before our next big emergency project. And for those of you wondering what type of compensation I get...nada. I am salaried cooperate slave. At least receiving a few thank you's from people higher up kinda makes it feel like they at least noticed the pain I went through. Probably not but I keep telling myself this to make myself keep coming back to work each day.

2 Comments:

At 9:31 AM , Blogger Jess said...

If you're at work this morning (Sunday) and you need a break, you can swing by and have a delicious blueberry muffin that I made. I just had one with a little butter, mmmm...

Stinks that you had to work so much!

 
At 1:54 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I am working from home today. I would have been done before 10am but a moron in another department chose not to do his stuff yesterday. I am pissed off because he was supposed to be done almost an hour ago and here I am...still waiting on his slow ass. Once he finishes, I am done for the weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home