Sunday, May 05, 2013

How Much Longer?

I need to review my blog for Miller updates related to teething because Mason is like Satan's spawn as it's happening. It's the cycle (probably the pain > fingers in mouth > germs > cold > more snot > more discomfort > cough > more pain > tired > miserable kid = miserable mom and dad).

He's never been a good napper so in times like this (was up until almost 9pm when bedtime is normally between 6:30 and 7pm), coughed throughout the night, up at 5am and not happy to be up, we really notice it. He has been hit and miss with eating but drinking a lot of fluids. He hasn't spiked a fever either. We have resorted to rounds of tylenol because we are hoping it will take the edge off and make him sleepy. If that fails, I guess there is always more liquor in the cabinet for us to drink.

I feel terrible we can't comfort him. He has always been 100% sweet and then 100% evil in the span of seconds. I think that's what is taking the toll on us more than anything. I believe Miller had ups and downs too but they seemed less severe.

Oh well, I am hoping this is the last round of teeth for a while. I think this completes his baby set...I am too afraid to stick my fingers in there to count!

I am walking on egg shells right now because I think he's actually asleep. I have a ton to do but don't dare make a sound. Wish us luck because next weekend Auntie Em is here and she will never visit again if he's like this while she's here.

On a much more positive note; Miller and I went to the mall yesterday to get him some black pants and a white shirt for graduation. I ended up getting him Levi's (skinny boy jeans!) instead of dress pants. I sweetened the deal by letting him get a reversible belt (one side has flames, the other is black). I even tossed in a stop at DQ while looking for gifts for his teachers. I do enjoy our little outings together even if bribery is needed. He's such a good boy and takes the brunt of us when we are having a tough time with Mason. He's lucky his mom and dad were first kids and understand that it comes with the territory.

He is also going to win the best big brother award and best friend award. He's always helping Mason and explaining things to him. A classic line last week was while he was showing Mason how to do something..."Mason, if you don't watch me, how will you ever learn how to do it yourself." I giggled and he said something about "oh, that's why dad says that."

At school, they had pajama day. He decided to wear his batman pj's (long sleeves and pants). I packed his Ninjago shorts/tshirt combo incase he got too warm. I found out one of his friends didn't wear pj's so he let him borrow them so he wasn't left out. How sweet can he get? Hopefully Mason will have similar compassion towards others. I hope to report something sweet after Satan is exorcised from his body this week.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I hope Mason feels better soon. Jace's teeth have stopped at 6. Not sure when he's getting more!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home