Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Back At It

After my hiatus with running, I laced up my shoes and hit the pavement. I think I will have another good "streak" of running ahead of me. I haven't had any leg, knee or ankle pain for a couple months. I also "wanted" to run today which made it feel better and less like exercise. I only logged a short mile but it was my best time yet. I can't complain there.

I figure I will work my way back up in distance over the next few weeks. No rush other than if I am making the effort to run and getting this sweaty, it should be further distance/longer time. I need to look into some other training plan or goal to keep me motivated. Any good ideas?

On the kid front, both kids are growing. I can't imagine what our grocery bill will be in a few more years. They eat like little pigs. Miller counted to 50 the other night with only 1 or 2 reminders on a number or two. I don't know if that is impressive for his age but I was impressed. He's working on tying his shoes. He understands it, just struggles with the loop pulling. He enjoys writing words but no real interest in actually reading yet. He asks a lot about what words say and we sound them out. I figure the reading desire will follow.

Mason is, well, Mason. He's funny, he's a hand full, and right now, he's a parrot. He loves to repeat any word you say. He's into his Thomas the Train stuff and obsessed with bubbles. He melts down if he can't blow them in the porch for Annie. Those are the strict requirements for bubble blowing at our house. Don't offer to help, don't leave Annie inside. The world will stop otherwise.

Work remains busy which is a good thing but I am trying to get back to less "working" hours. It's been too much for too long. I am feeling the burn...I did get a new work computer though. It's pretty sweet. I am in a definite learning curve. Windows 8...love it, hate it, will learn it.

Speaking of work, it's going to be a 12+ hour day. I should probably get in the shower and go to the office. I am moderating a class tonight and with the new equipment and an internet hiccup during the one last week; I better stay at the office and hope their internet stays nice and strong.

2 Comments:

At 9:00 AM , Blogger Froyd said...

Windows 8 isn't bad if you don't use any of their apps to get anything done. I figured that out really quickly, and I enjoy it's zippy-ness and general set up for better access to the control panel.

Does your laptop have a touch screen? I imagine win8 would be better with one, but I can't foresee ever getting one myself.

 
At 8:16 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Sean, the new PC is a Dell XPS 12 Ultrabook. It has the flip to touch screen option. I don't plan on using it (touch screen) for work much. There are parts I like but some of it is a pain to get used to. Biggest hurdle, docking station won't charge my pc and I am having trouble getting things set up how I like them. Ah...change...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home