Thursday, October 13, 2011

Comparison

Although one should not compare their eldest with their youngest Ryan and I find ourselves noticing what's different between the kids. I have decided Mason is "sensitive" and definitely more fussy than Miller was. Maybe it's selective memory but I feel like Mason cries a lot more and the moments of peace are only in 10-20 minute bursts throughout the day. Just like now. He should be sleeping but after about 10 minutes of quiet (which came after a 20 minute bought with full blown hysterics) he's back at it. He's dry. He's been fed. He shouldn't have any gas left except this crying keeps introducing it to him more than what's in his food. Argh!

I better go see what's troubling him this time. I am sure he just wants to be held.

3 Comments:

At 11:30 AM , Blogger Jess said...

This seems to be a trend with the 2nd ones. Maybe they seem needier because you don't have the same kind of time to devote to them. Jerry and I have wondered if Norah didn't fuss much to be held because we were already holding her all the time!

In retrospect, I think some of Caleb's fussiness was due to a milk sensitivity, and if I'd just gone with my gut (I have long suspected some kind of dairy intolerance) and cut out dairy from my diet, he might have been happier in those initial weeks.

I do know, though, that Caleb's demands/fussing eased up a LOT as he started getting older. So, at 6 weeks, he was easier, and then at 8 weeks, easier, etc, etc.

As for Mason, I hope he gets easier for you soon and fusses less! In the meantime, one thing to try might be experimentation with different formula. Maybe even a different brand would make a difference. Something to consider.

 
At 4:40 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

It probably could be the added stress of two munchkins instead of one. I'm sure that's quite the handful at times! Mason will probably mellow out soon and be ready to chill in no time :)

He sure is getting big!

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger Sheryl said...

I'm with Jess, maybe trying a different formula. This might be a case of a tummy that doesn't feel good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home