Saturday, October 01, 2011

Creative Saturday and Random Pics

Miller had a birthday party to attend today. I usually try to have him make a card. Sometimes we are successful and he's into it; other days, not so much. Today I lucked out. He had two cards to make (brother and sister b-day party). While he cut paper I cut some shapes for another card. He was into helping me glue so we made a flower for the girl's card and then put some stickers on it. When he went to sign it; he suprised me with knowing the letters of his name.

I said something along the lines of sign your name and said M...then he said I. I said L, he mumbled something and then E, R. I asked, "Did you just spell your name?" He replied with a solid "Yes." I was shocked. I knew he was working on letters but no idea he actually is starting to get his name down. It's probably normal for this age but I thought it was pretty darn good. Of course he only repeats it when he wants to.

Then he wanted to do something for the boy so we made a dump truck. It's sad to think that I was pumped to create these cards and they are far from masterpieces but I think they turned out. Take a peek at the dump truck (inside includes a ton of stickers, some "writing" from Miller, and more stickers):



After that adventure I started cleaning the house. Miller was tossing his football into the baby car seat. Then he started pushing the swing so I went out on a limb and said he should put his "Teddy" in there (yes, Teddy is a teddy bear. We keep the names pretty simple here.) He put him in and then he decided to put him in the car seat. He strapped him in. Then he told me he was hungry so I got him a bottle to play with. Mr. Observant was upset because the bottle was a drop-in and didn't have a bottom. We don't use those so he thought it was broken. Then he decided he needed a diaper "back pack" so he got that down and packed some wipes (an empty container), his bottle and Teddy. I think he was mimicking Ryan using the Baby Bjorn by stuffing the bear in it otherwise I am not so sure he is ready to take care of real baby. LOL! He proceeded to take care of that silly bear for a good half hour. "Mom, he's hungry. Mom, he's wet. Mom, he's happy. Mom, he's crying I need to check his diaper again." Then I find him putting a coaster down and the bottle on it "for when he's hungry and I need to feed him again." At least he's got our routine down and cleanly about it.

Here is a picture of Mason to tide you over:





3 Comments:

At 6:30 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Norah spends half her days tending to the "baby" needs of Bo-Bo and her babies. Kids like immitating what you do.

The dump truck card looks great!

 
At 9:09 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Ryan told me my flower card was more creative. Go figure.

 
At 7:10 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Just catching up on several posts. Lunch was great (even though a little hot). Loved the dump truck card and hearing all the Mason stories.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home