Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Runners and Drivers Use Caution

I witnessed out of the corner of my eye a car take out a runner this morning on my way to work. I did stop and before I hit send on my 911 call, an unmarked car arrived. I think the runner was ok because s/he was laying on the road rolling around and there wasn't any blood. The driver was clearly shaken including me! I felt sick to my stomach.

So here's the dealio: Drivers, please remember to look when making a right hand turn. Runners, please pay attention to your surroundings before crossing major intersections. I am not sure who was at fault on this one because I think neither the runner nor the driver stopped for the red light.

3 Comments:

At 11:10 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Scary!

I am always eyeing drivers making right hand turns. They don't actually look to the right before they go.

 
At 7:34 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

That's crazy! I always try to look before crossing intersections but I'm sure there have been a few I've missed. I'm most concerned with getting hit in my own damn neighborhood-wish we had sidewalks.

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I'd be sick to my stomach too. You runners out there be careful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home