Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Another Sick Day

Miller's fever disappeared yesterday afternoon and last evening. When he woke up, it had returned. Since it was day 5 of a fever and icky cough, we decided to take him to the doctor. After the 1.5 hour wait (we had an appt), we left with a presciption for what could be bronchitis. The doctor said he could have had a mild case of the flu earlier or it's just a bad cold but either way, he was a little congested and raspy in the lungs. It could also be related to his teething cycle.

We dropped off his prescription and went for lunch. After lunch was over, Ryan took him home so I could go pick it up. I should have known it would be a cluster when the poor tech had so much trouble finding us in the computer. When I got there, the only prescription tied to our phone number was for Erik Miller. Hmmm....

40 minutes later, I left with a prescription filled. I am so glad Ryan had taken him home. I couldn't imagine having to wait at Walgreen's with a sick toddler for that long. While we were out, we must have had our normal afternoon power outages. The AC quit working and it was 86 or 87 degrees in the house when we got home. Ryan fiddled to get it working and it's finally a normal temp in the house.

Today was not a good day to miss work and I will be up late trying to catch up to where I should have started my day today. Ick!

PS-Ryan's sporting a fever too. Hopefully he won't be sick while hunting. I am feeling icky but so far, no runny nose, no cough, and no fever. Wish me luck. If I catch something this weekend, I may ask my mommy to come take care of us!

5 Comments:

At 5:44 PM , Blogger Jess said...

It sounds like a stinky day in all ways! Hope everyone feels better soon!

 
At 7:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your poor Mom, just what she needs. Exposure to a nasty bug:)
Life gets so exciting when everyone in the family is sick. Miller will have to get well and take care of Mom and Pop.
Coyote Grandma

 
At 7:23 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Buy Emergen-C! Take it 4 times a day. It really works! Find it at Walgrens in the Vitamin section. (I looked everywhere but there.) We bought the Tangerine flavor, mix with a bit of water...not bad. And I will say again...it works! Send it with Ryan on the trip!

 
At 7:28 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

By the way did you all get your flu shots? If not when you heal up you should.

 
At 7:34 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I hope you all feel better soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home