Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Retail Therapy on Steroids=New Car!


Quick tidbit and photo: Miller and Grandpa Jeff chillin' while Grandpa made supper on Sunday. He's only white trash baby because he drooled and spilled water all over his shirt.

Ok, after how many years of whining that I "wanted" a new car and being practical kept "waiting" for the right time...yep, today was the day. I bit the bullet, took a personal day, and went shopping. My car was getting to the age and mileage where things start to go wrong and I knew a major repair was looming around the corner. So, I did what any redblooded American would do; I bought a new car.

I did shop around and test drive more than my fair share of cars. I ended up having a pleasant experience at the Volvo dealer today. I got a 2010 XC60 crossover. It has a ton of options my car didn't have and rides like a dream (aka broom per Ryan's comment). I would post the details but that's going to bore you to death. Instead, here are a couple shots in the setting sun of it in the driveway.

I know Ryan sent them some type of email that basically said we will buy a car if you aren't assholes. The salesman was good, knowledgable, funny, and low pressure. They hustled and bustled but at the end of the day, after writing too many checks, they were cutting it close to leave in time to pick Miller up. The salesman went to help wash the car but in the end, I am going back Saturday for a fuel top off and a rewash/detail job.


6 Comments:

At 9:05 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I'm glad you finally got the new ride you wanted! It's awesome!

 
At 10:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It looks alot like my car.. Coyote Mama

 
At 6:32 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Did you use the Cash for Clunkers deal?

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Ooohh...so pretty and shiny. Congrats on the new wheels!

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Erin said...

No cash for clunkers. My other car got too good of mileage and was in too good of shape. :(

 
At 11:34 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Congrats! The first pic didn't load for me and I was so bummed, but then I scrolled down and got two more pics - yea! Sweet ride... enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home