Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Work From Home Wednesday-A Bust

Usually I sing the praises of productivity related to my self proclaimed "Work From Home Wednesday." Today, not so much. Here's the recap and it's not even 2pm yet (and I haven't had lunch!).

Nice things...
I was able to lay in bed an extra 15 minutes today. Then get up and get Miller up, fed, clothed, and some play time. I started a load of his laundry.

Not so nice things...
When I went to get dressed I noticed the ceiling in our closet looked wet and moldy. I decided to investigate and yep, the plumbing is leaking. :( I called Ryan and he had to come home and fix it. Since that required shutting off the laundry, I had to rewash the load I started.

On the work front, I had a great list of actionable and completable tasks to do this morning before my meetings kicked in. Well, that got shot to hell before 9:15 because we launched a pilot today that had issues. The worst part is after several hours of intensive investigation, it went right back to what I was preaching 7 weeks ago before we started it. Same problems I identified up front plagued us all the way through. It sucks to be right.

So, now my day is technically over half way over but the reality is it's no where near being over. I can't wait for this long weekend to arrive. Oh and tomorrow, everyone is going to bail early at work but I have back to back calls until 5pm and most are with vendors so I can't cancel them. What a bummer.

1 Comments:

At 5:07 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Sorry the day didn't go so smoothly. Maybe after you posted, things looked up?

Maybe one of these "work from home Wednesdays," we'll have ot have lunch. If you have time. Me, I gots nothing but time right now!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home