Friday, June 19, 2009

Bank Update

I went to the bank today to fix my account situation. Here are the facts:

1) Large sum of money transfered from savings to checking
2) Online bill payment set up
3) Bank found this combo fishy and blocked my account
4) Bank notified me at home and work and via email
5) After some craziness, I have a new checking and savings account, new checks ordered, 92 cents in my old/frozen account (details in a moment), and a current functioning debit card with a new one on the way

Because I made purchases yesterday before I called, they wanted to make sure they all clear. They linked my old account to my new one with new behind the scenes numbers. The 92 cents is to keep a balance for the few charges that haven't come through AND for my direct deposit to land in on Tuesday. The bank already has my deposit/transfer ready to go for Tuesday because they know I won't be able to fix it on my end before then.

All in all, I was very impressed with their swift action and service. I am not one for plugging banks but WaMu/Chase did a great job. Let's see how I feel Tuesday when I try to transfer funds and have them finalize the drama.

As a side note to all women: the bank told me there has been an increase in thefts of purses because of the economy. People literally wait for ladies to get out of cars without a handbag. If they don't have one on them, they assume it's in their car. They are even driving up to cars that are getting gas. Smashing the window, grabbing the purse and leaving before you can scream or figure out what just happened. It's not in bad neighborhoods either. So, please take your purse with you and be careful.

1 Comments:

At 8:49 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Man, it sucks that you had this happen! But Erin setting up online bill pay, definitely suspicious :)

Glad you got it sorted out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home