Tuesday, June 16, 2009

18 and Counting...Whatever

I have TLC on tonight while working. 18 and Counting came on and I just want to scream at that family. For those that are not aware of that show, it's about a family that has 18 children and more on the way. I can't tell if I dislike it because I have an issue with their goody goody attitude on life or the fact that it bothers me to think of the older kids raising all the younger kids. They aren't farmers and aren't using them to keep the family afloat...they just like to procreate and don't believe in birth control.

I am going to end my post now before I say something offensive to the masses but if anyone else finds this disturbing in today's current state of the world...chime in.

2 Comments:

At 8:03 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I think it's irresponsible on so many levels.

On a personal, family level, I don't know how you can adequately care for that many children (and I'm not simply talking financially), and like you mention, older siblings end up being parents to younger siblings, which doesn't seem fair to either.

But on a larger level, have these people heard of a little thing called "overpopulation"?

Plus, what kind of woman wants to be pregnant for most of her life? It's just weird.

And I don't know why TLC seems to have this obsession with these super-sized families. I read recently that they have a 3rd show that's either on already or will be on that features a family with sextuplets. Goodness, enough already.

 
At 6:40 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Yeah, I'm so over all these "look at my huge family" shows. I don't find them fascinating so much as nauseating.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home