Friday, June 19, 2009

First Time Fireworks Purchase

I completely forgot to blog about my first time purchasing fireworks with the boys! Last weekend Ryan let me go purchase the fireworks for our annual 4th of July party. Every year, the boys make a trip and I don't get to go. (They did let me tag along one year but we were all virgin buyers then).

I got up early Sunday, met the boys, and off we went. I was not prepared. They had their wish list filled out, figured out which coupons they were going to use, how we were going to split our 3 orders into 2 so we could get more free stuff, etc. We were there for over an hour and I now know why Ryan always spends more than we budget. It's just too darn easy!

I hope I did ok. I felt like I had to purchase some good stuff or I wouldn't get to go next year. The boys were patient with me as I pondered which things to buy. I never thought spending a speeding ticket's worth of moola on something you are going to light up would be fun.

2 Comments:

At 6:40 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

Yeah, you did good. I don't know about going next year though...we may have to alternate.

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger Jess said...

You have to understand that Jerry had been plotting his fireworks purchase since July 5th of last year; he's more organized for that excursion than he is for anything else in his life. I'm sure you did a good job.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home