Sunday, April 05, 2009

Chicken Pot Pie

Today was a smorgusboard (no idea how to spell that) of events. Miller went to the park for the first time. Swings he loves but slide...not so sure about. It was more fun to watch the other kids.




After some time at the park, I swear it was 90+ degrees out, how do those kids run around without heat stroke, we headed home. I swapped cars and took off to the store to buy Miller some new clothes. He's outgrown everything and has no shorts or t-shirts that fit.
After 12 new outfits were purchased...seriously, if I could get 12 new outfits for under $130 I woudl be ecstatic, I took a short trip to Target. I purchased a few plastic easter eggs for Miller to play with this coming weekend and a few household items. Then I headed home to work for a few hours. I took my email inbox down from 279 emails to 33. Granted, I didn't do all the follow up items but I got the little things out of the way. I even put together a new list of things to do so I don't forget so much this week.
After that, Ryan made a fantastic chicken pot pie. It was huge so we invited some friends over to sample the goods. Sorry Jerry, your are fantastic and since this was a first time, I don't think Ryan wanted to even compare his to yours. After eating his, I think you have some competition.
While we waited for our friends, I decided to take a picture of my new lilies. They look pretty good.
All in all, it was a pretty darn good weekend.



6 Comments:

At 2:41 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I love Lillys!

The hot day...reminded me how much I don't enjoy Florida's weather!

 
At 5:42 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Is that the park on 44th? Looks like fun!

Glad you found a CPP recipe that was delicious!

 
At 6:07 AM , Blogger Erin said...

It's the park on 44th but not Welleby (that's under construction). Go past the normal stop sign on 115th towards Pete's house and it's on the right. It's nice. Covered area, different size slides, climbing stuff, swings, etc.

 
At 11:41 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

In the 2nd photo it looks like he is trying to show the ladies what hes got.

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sounds like a good Sunday. Cute pics too!

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

The lilies are very pretty, such a vibrant color. The pot pie was scrumptious! I wished I had more room for seconds!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home