Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Travel, Animals, Birthdays, and Father's Day

Last week's itinerary included a trip to Tulsa for me (work). I landed Friday afternoon, got home, tossed the suitcases in the truck, and we were off to pick up the kids from daycare and drive up to G&G Sladky's for the weekend. It was a belated birthday celebration for Miller and my Dad.

We had the best drive up. Very little traffic and we were able to stop for super and still make it up there in under 5 hours. Annie rode in the front seat and I sat in the back with the kids to referee, swap dvd's, and pick up dropped toys.

The kids are always wild when we arrive and get to stay up late. We always pay the price the next day...

We headed to Clearwater Marine Museum to see Winter from Dolphin tale. Cute facility with the dolphins, sea turtles, otters, sting rays, etc. After hanging out there for a bit (Mason was taken to the truck) we took the trolley over to the museum with props from the movie. It was well done. Mason rode over later and joined us. (Prior to Mason getting removed....he stood for 5+ minutes with his head pressed between the railing looking at the turtles.)







We took a quick trip down the road to a brewery that served fried cheese curds! Everyone ate well. Our next stop was at Cherry Berry for ice cream.

When we got back to my parents, we dropped the kids and left for a date night. Ryan and I met a guy from his guitar forum for dinner. After some chit chat, we went our separate ways. We went to "This is the end" movie. Funny but weird.

Sunday after our Father's Day breakfast, we headed to Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park. We had been there before but I don't think we had Miller with us. Either way, cool pontoon ride into the park but of course, Mason flipped out 10 minutes into a 20 minute ride. Ugh! Then we ran around and looked at animals for a couple hours.

Afterwards we took the tram back (quicker) and the kids enjoyed that. I think their highlights were trolley and tram rides. We had a quick lunch (this time Miller got taken out to the truck) and headed back to pick up Annie. Then we were off again for the long ride home. It wasn't as easy going (rain, traffic, crabby kids).

I had hoped to get a ton of pictures but like usual, that didn't happen. The few here were all I got.

3 Comments:

At 8:00 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Grandma reminded me of a 'moment' I should blog about. At the wildlife preserve we walked up to the bald eagles. There was a flag on the fence. Miller sang the entire star spangled banner at the top of his lungs to them. A few people walked by and chuckled to themselves. I should probably have been embarrassed but I was impressed by my little guy. God bless America! (And Miller too)

 
At 8:00 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Grandma reminded me of a 'moment' I should blog about. At the wildlife preserve we walked up to the bald eagles. There was a flag on the fence. Miller sang the entire star spangled banner at the top of his lungs to them. A few people walked by and chuckled to themselves. I should probably have been embarrassed but I was impressed by my little guy. God bless America! (And Miller too)

 
At 10:51 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Still jealous you got to see Winter. Rylee was very impressed when I told her too. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home