Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sickness

The house has been plagued by sickness. A few weeks ago, Mason was teething and sickly. I posted about his satanic qualities already so no need to dwell on that. Then Ryan had a sinus infection/terrible head cold.

Fast forward to last week. Miller had an infection on an owie on his chest that required a trip to the pediatrician and antibiotics. I should have taken him in sooner but the "hot compress and squeeze the ick out" process had worked over a couple days and reduced the size of it. Funny thing, the doctor said we did the right thing. At least I am not that bad of a mom.

That same week, Ryan took Annie to the vet for a diagnosis on her eye. We assumed they would say we needed to remove it and we would book that appointment. Nope, off to the ophthalmologist she went. Many hundred dollars later, she's on medication for the rest of her days. Her medicine schedule rivals a 90 year old. She has some medicine that will cease once her ulcerated eye is better; meaning, Ryan has one less medication to give. She has different items and doses for each eye, 3x a day. My lord!

Then it was my turn. I got the sinus infection/head cold Ryan did (or so I thought). My left ear plugged up and I had a cough from hell. I kept thinking it would get better (started on Sunday). By Thursday afternoon, I was in a walk in clinic with a severe ear infection. The ear infection hurts like hell but top it off with this terrible cough that keeps me up half the night and I am one cranky mom.

Hopefully my antibiotics kick in soon and I start to feel better. I want to bleach my house and go a few weeks (ideally months or years) without such illness in the house. Yuck! Luckily, none of us are contagious.

2 Comments:

At 7:27 PM , Blogger Jess said...

You still don't feel good and you've been on the antibiotics since last week? You may need a new dosage! You should begin feeling better within 72 hours or so.

Also, when you go back, ask for the MEGA Motrin -- they're just good to have on hand for kid-induced headaches ;)

 
At 11:12 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sorry to hear about everyone's yuckies. It does seem like you get into the sick cycle sometimes. Here's hoping you are feeling better for the long weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home